Tenets of Faith
The International Association for Christian Educational Accountability Statement of Faith
IACEA Doctrinal Position
According to the Constitution of the International Association for Christian Educational Accountability (IACEA), the following statement of faith is to be subscribed to annually by each member institution:
1. That the Bible is the inspired, infallible, eternal Word of God.
2. In one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. The Bible's Genesis account of creation.
4. In the Deity of Jesus as the Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, as our perfect sacrifice, through His shed blood.
5. In His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father as our Lord and intercessor, and His personal return in power and glory, to judge the living and the dead.
6. That in Jesus dwells all of the fullness of the Godhead in bodily form and that Jesus is the image of the invisible God.
7. That all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God and that all people are in need of Salvation, by grace, through faith in the completed work of our Lord and Savior Jesus, our Christ, who is the Messiah prophesied of in the Old Testament scriptures.
8. That salvation is the free gift of God by Grace, through Faith, and not accomplished through good works but freely given to each individual who has, by Grace through Faith, received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
9. That all who are saved should desire a close personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and that we should serve Him as sanctified servants in obedience to His Great Commission.
10. In the very present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling empowers Christians to live a godly life.
11. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved, unto a resurrection of eternal life, in a spiritual body, to a literal heaven, and those who are lost unto a resurrection of damnation, in a literal hell.
12. In the spiritual unity of believers, who comprise the body of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the head of HIS body, the one true, called out assembly, recognized as the Ecclesia or Church.
13. Through the free gift of faith, God, by His Grace, draws those who will believe the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, unto repentance and faith.
14. That God’s Love, Grace, and Mercy endures forever.